FORT WORTH, TX — In celebration of Hot Wheels’ 50th Anniversary, the U.S. Postal Service today issued a pane of 20 Forever stamps showcasing some of the classic toy car’s most outrageous designs. The Hot Wheels Stamps were issued during the Goodguys 26th Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals at Texas Motor Speedway.
For the first time, Hot Wheels are commemorated on Forever stamps for fans of all ages to enjoy. Arranged in diagonal rows, the 20 stamps showcase photographer Len Rizzi’s images of 10 Hot Wheels cars — two of each design — speeding along the recognizable bright orange track.
“Today, we make history as the Postal Service and our partners at Mattel are celebrating the 50th anniversary of Hot Wheels with these dynamic stamps showcasing the iconic toys that were a part of my childhood and that of my children,” said USPS Marketing Vice President Steve Monteith, who served as the dedicating official. “These miniature works of art truly capture the thrill and excitement of these legendary vehicles and now will speed their way as Forever stamps on millions of cards and letters.”
Joining Monteith at the ceremony were Harry Davies, vice president, Event Operations, Goodguys Rod and Custom Association; Ricardo Briceno, director, Global Brand Marketing, Hot Wheels; and Deborah Ferguson, “NBC5 Today” anchor.
Each stamp features the name of the vehicle shown in one of the top corners and the words “USA” and “Forever” in one of the bottom corners. The well-known Hot Wheels logo appears in the top right corner of the pane. The back of the pane displays the Hot Wheels’ 50th anniversary logo.
The Hot Wheels cars Stamps depicted are:
Top row(left to right):
• The aptly named Purple Passion (1990), a super sleek metallic purple and green model. The car remains a favorite of collectors.
• Equipped with a roof-mounted rocket, the Rocket-Bye-Baby (1971) is one of the most aggressive racers in Hot Wheels history.
• Perfect for Halloween, the spooky Rigor Motor (1994) is a coffin-shaped hot rod that is powered by a huge engine adorned with two skulls.
• A spectacularly powerful version of a classic muscle car, the Rodger Dodger (1974) has a giant engine bursting out of its hood.
• With a twin turbo V6 hybrid engine and wide front air intakes built to look like a predatory fish, the Mach Speeder (2018) is a true 21st-century racer.
Bottom row(left to right):
• The Twin Mill (1969) is one of the most iconic Hot Wheels cars of all-time. The speed machine features dual big-block engines.
• The distinctive Bone Shaker (2006) is a hot rod with a fierce-looking skull for a grille. The car has a massive short-block engine made to rattle your bones.
• The HW40 (2008), a car introduced to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Hot Wheels, features a jet turbine engine. The space-age vehicle features a futuristic glass hood.
• The original surfboard-toting Deora (1968) was included in the first Hot Wheels line. The souped up Deora II, showcased on the stamp, came out in 2000.
• The Sharkruiser (1987) is a carnivore on wheels. The completely unique design features fins, a tail, a sharp-toothed grille and a roaring V8 engine.
William J. Gicker was the project’s art director. Greg Breeding designed the Hot Wheels Stamps.
Stamp Pattern: Hot Wheels History
Hot Wheels was born when Mattel co-founder Elliot Handler challenged his design team — which included a General Motors car designer and a rocket scientist — to create a toy car that was cooler and performed better than anything on the market. Mattel soon introduced its bright orange tracks, which provided children unlimited ways to test out stunts and racing skills. The Hot Wheels toy line expanded rapidly. Since the inception of Hot Wheels, Mattel has produced thousands of varieties of cars. In 2011, Hot Wheels was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame. Today, children and parents alike still love racing the eye-poppin’, colorful, lightning-fast cars.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERYWe are proud to offer shipping services that currently operate in USA. But except the following area:
1. Alaska 2. American Samoa 3. Guam 4. Hawaii 5. Marshall Islands 6. Northern Mariana Islands 7. Palau 8. Puerto Rico 9. Rhode Island 10. U.S. Virgin Islands 11. Armed Forces Americas 12. Armed Forces Europe 13. Armed Forces PacificNothing means more to us than bringing our customers great value and service. We will continue to grow to meet the needs of all our customers, delivering a serviced. Thank you for your understanding.
How much do you charge for shipping?We provide free shipping.
How do you ship packages?USPS functions as our logistics partner to ship out foreverstampstore.com products. They will choose the carrier that they think works best for our customers.
What about customs?We are responsible for any custom fees once the items have shipped. By purchasing our products, you consent that one or more packages may be shipped to you when they arrive to your country.
How long does shipping take?Shipping time varies by location. These are our estimates: 2-8 Business days.
Do you provide tracking information?Yes, you will receive an email once your order ships that contains your tracking information. If you haven’t received tracking info within 5 days, please contact us.
My tracking says "no information available at the moment".For some shipping companies, it takes 2-5 business days for the tracking information to update on the system. If your order was placed more than 5 business days ago and there is still no information on your tracking number, please contact us.
Will my items be sent in one package?For logistical reasons, items in the same purchase will sometimes be sent in separate packages, even if you have specified combined shipping.If you have any other questions, please contact us and we will do our best to help you out.We try to make sure all your items reach you at the same time.
REFUNDS & RETURNS POLICY
Order cancellationAll orders can be cancelled until they are shipped. If your order has been paid and you need to make a change or cancel an order, you must contact us within 12 hours. Once the packaging and shipping process has started, it can no longer be cancelled.
RefundsYour satisfaction is our #1 priority. Therefore, you can request a refund or reshipment for ordered products if:
- You do not receive them within the guaranteed time (45 days not including 2-5 day processing)
- You receive the wrong or broken item(Non-artificial)
- Your order does not arrive due to factors within your control (e.g. providing the wrong shipping address)
- Your order does not arrive due to exceptional circumstances outside our control (e.g. delayed by a natural disaster)
- Other exceptional circumstances outside the control of Foreverstampstore.com